Our response to coronavirus

Find out how we're working to keep the electricity and gas flowing reliably throughout the outbreak.


On this page, you can find out how to complain and who to get in touch with regarding your complaint.


How to complain

We know the electricity system is complicated. For you to get the quickest resolution to your complaint, you need to know that you’re contacting the right people.

What to do if your complaint is regarding:

  • an electricity supply issue to your home or business

Please contact your local distribution network operator (DNO). Find them here on the Energy Networks Association website. These companies own and operate the system of cables and towers that bring electricity to your homes and businesses.

  • issues with payment meters, electricity tariffs, or your electricity bill

Please contact your electricity supplier. Their details should be on the back of your electricity bill. In the event of a power cut to your property please call 105.

What to do if your complaint is regarding National Grid Electricity Transmission

We own the transmission network in England and Wales and mainly deal with high voltage connections to industry. Please get in touch if something goes wrong, or you are not happy with our service. It’s important that we understand your concerns and resolve your problem as quickly as possible.

Our complaints timeline gives you an indication of how quickly we'll process your complaint. To raise a complaint, please complete our complaints form using the link below.

Complaints form 


Power cuts

If you’re experiencing a power cut, you should call 105. Do not call your electricity supplier. Electricity suppliers sell consumers energy and are not responsible for power lines. Calling 105 is a free service.

Find out more

Who is my distribution network operator?

When you call 105 you’ll be put through to your distribution network operator. Or you can find out which one is yours by visiting this page.

Find out more