Please be advised the following information only applies if you are a supplier to National Grid and have a National Grid vendor number.
You are already one of our valued suppliers and you have a relationship with our procurement team. What you need to know…
Introducing the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP)
As one of National Grid’s existing suppliers, this webpage will provide you with the information you need about the launch of Coupa, our new cloud-based purchase to pay system.
The implementation of Coupa will only affect suppliers who provide goods, works and services to National Grid’s UK organisation. This will impact suppliers of both stock and non-stock items to National Grid.
What is Coupa and what do you need it for?
Coupa is a free cloud-based purchase to pay system that will enable you, as a National Grid supplier, to conduct commercial transactions more efficiently. It will help to reduce costs and provide better value for money for both you and National Grid.
The part of Coupa you will use is called the Coupa Supplier Portal. This online collaborative procurement system will allow you to receive and acknowledge purchase orders electronically, submit invoices and view payments, receive and respond to requests for quotes, and maintain electronic catalogues.
When will you need to start using the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP)?
National Grid partnered with Coupa to launch the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) on November 19th 2018.
Why use the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP)?
Coupa will innovate and simplify some of our processes, making it easier for you to work with us. The main benefits the system brings are:
- Free to use – there is no fee for registering with or using the Coupa Supplier Portal
- More efficient payments – simply flip your purchase orders to invoices to go straight for payment
- Improved visibility – you can view all your purchase orders and invoices, as well as the date when your invoices are due for payment
- Effective communication – Coupa and the CSP allows you to communicate efficiently with National Grid requisitioners by adding your comments directly on purchase orders and invoices. If you are not registered to the CSP you can also use this feature directly on the Supplier Actionable Notification (SAN) email you will receive each time we release a new PO.
- Easy to access – the Coupa Supplier Portal is a cloud-based platform so you can access it from any device, anywhere in the world.
Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) Registration - It is free
If you are a supplier who has never collaborated with National Grid, you will first need to complete a supplier application before you can register to CSP. Click here to find out how you can work with us.
It’s quick and easy to sign up to the Coupa Supplier Portal. Below you can find the steps you need to follow if you are new to Coupa or if you have previously registered to the CSP with another customer.
Signing up to Coupa
Follow the four steps below to register:
Please ensure that you include your:
Please ensure you complete all steps, otherwise we will not be able to link your account.
Click the button below to have a look at our CSP Registration Guide which shows the steps above in more detail.
Before you register, please note the following:
- If you already have a Coupa Supplier Portal Account with another customer other than National Grid, please simply email us your account details. You do not need another Coupa Supplier Portal account so you do not need to register again.
- We can link only one supplier account to the Coupa Supplier Portal. For example, if different parts of your business supply goods/services to National Grid and they each have separate supplier accounts with us, we need to work with you to make sure we setup your accounts correctly. Coupa Supplier Portal accounts can be set up to be shared accounts where everyone can see everything or locked accounts, so the Coupa Supplier Portal account is shared but you do not see each other’s transactions. If multiple people within your organisation need to register on the Coupa Supplier Portal, please get in touch [email protected]
How will you receive purchase orders?
- Registered Suppliers
- You will receive Coupa released POs by email. Here you can click on the button View Order which will direct you to the Coupa Supplier Portal.
- You can then log in to view the purchase order, flip (prepopulate) it into an invoice and submit it for payment.
- Unregistered Suppliers
- You will receive Coupa released POs by email - these are called Supplier Actionable Notifications (SAN). Please note that if we don’t have a valid email address for you, we will issue the PO via post.
- In the email you will find the following buttons which allow you to:
- Create an Invoice – click this button to open a new screen where you can invoice National Grid directly for the stated purchase order.
- Acknowledge a PO – click this button to notify National Grid that you received the order.
- Add a Comment – send comments about this PO to the National Grid buyer.
How should you be invoicing us?
From 19th November, all new Purchase Orders (POs) will be produced in Coupa and will be identifiable by a new PO range starting with the number 34.
If you are registered to the Coupa Supplier Portal, you can simply flip POs into invoices and submit for payment directly on the portal.
If you are not registered to the Coupa Supplier Portal, please refer to the section above to create an invoice from the PO email you receive from us using the Create Invoice button, and submit it to National Grid directly.
National Grid will still accept PDF invoices submitted via email for a short period after our Coupa go-live date. Please be advised of our new email address to submit your invoices to: [email protected].
Contract numbers are changing...
Your contracts with us will remain the same. We will however, because of Coupa, be changing the numbering conventions of these contracts. Your National Grid Buyer will inform you of the new contract number.
What to do if your records need updating
The name of a supplier's CSP account will need to match the name we have for you in our main records.
If you believe your main records need updating, please contact [email protected] referencing your vendor number and the required changes.
They will then get in touch to validate and advise of any next steps as appropriate.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have created a number of guides and training videos to help suppliers with setting up and then using their account.
Please click on the video links below and the support guides in the blue tabs.
|Introduction to Coupa||CSP Demonstration|
|Enriching Company Profile||Submitting Invoices|
|Registering to Use||Inviting additional users to CSP|
|Setting up eInvoicing||Reporting|
|Viewing Invoices||Viewing Purchase Orders|
If you have any questions, please contact the Supplier Enablement team at [email protected].