Maximising our capabilities to benefit your operation
We are looking to publish a document in February 2019 which takes a deeper look at:
- how within-day behaviour could evolve in the future
- the impact it could have on network operation
- whether current and future network capability can continue to meet future within-day customer needs
- what potential options we could consider if we find this not to be the case
To do this, we want to further refine our current within-day modelling and solution optioneering assumptions by understanding:
- what factors impact how you use your capacity currently and how these factors could change in the future
- what impacts the accuracy and notice-periods of your day-ahead and within-day flow notifications and how this could change in the future
- What benefit having optionality to flow gas at an efficient profile, with minimal restriction, has commercially and operationally for you.
By actively working with you to ensure we understand your needs, together we can make informed decisions that continue to facilitate efficient market operation and are right for end consumers.
About the authors: Imran Abdulla ([email protected]) is a Senior Gas Network Strategy Analyst in the Future Networks team in Warwick, where Adeolu Adesanya ([email protected]) is a Lead Economics Analyst.