Sometimes, we may need to visit your home to inspect or maintain gas equipment on your property, deal with a report of a gas emergency, or carry out work you have asked us to do. One of our employees, or a contractor working for us, will visit you.
We and our contractors, will make sure that everyone who works for us will:
- go through our recruitment process, which will include appropriate background checks;
- have the right qualifications and be fully trained to carry out their work;
- be polite and friendly at all times in their dealings with you;
- give clear, accurate explanations using appropriate and sensitive language and will respect your home or premises;
- use vehicles which have our or the contractor's logo on, if possible;
- wear National Grid uniform with our logo on, if possible; and
- be able to explain how to contact the gas emergency service.
They will also show you an identity (ID) card that shows the company name, their own name, a reference number, and a colour photograph of themselves. On the card is a phone number to call if you want to confirm the identity of the caller.
We make sure that our employees give back their ID cards when they stop working for us, or when the card expires.