Pipeline Replacement

If my business suffers how do I qualify for compensation?

It is essential that National Grid carry out the work and our engineers work hard to make sure that disruption to homes and businesses are kept to a minimum.  However, there will inevitably be some disruption and may include some businesses that do not use gas.

You may qualify if you are a small business which relies on people being able to visit your premises for your business to carry out normal trade.

Claims can only be made in respect of planned gas mains replacement work and not in respect of work carried out to deal with gas emergencies or escapes

Certain criteria must be met in order to make a claim, as set out by the Gas (Streetworks) (Compensation of small businesses) Regulations 1996.

How to claim

Call: 0845 7573202

Write to: National Grid,
Customer Support
Hinckley Operational Centre
Brick Kiln Street
Leics LE10 ONA

Email: cs.busclaims@uk.ngrid.com

Download Information and Claim Form